Date to be announced soon
A 3-hour webinar
Responses to emergencies involving hazardous materials, hazardous wastes, and other dangerous situations are regulated by Cal/OSHA and several environmental agencies. An employer must address regulatory compliance requirements to meet enforcement agency requirements, as well as assure the safety of its personnel. The applicable regulations include:
- Cal/OSHA Emergency Action Plan and Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- DTSC and CUPA Title 22 hazardous waste regulations
- CUPA Hazardous Materials Business Plan emergency response and training requirements
Other environmental regulations that require emergency responses (for example, oil spill and storm water pollution prevention) can trigger mandatory emergency response planning and training regulated by the above rules.
This webinar will advise participants on the applicability of each emergency response regulation, provide a systematic method to size up potential facility emergencies, design appropriate responses and document procedures, contingency plans, and training. This training provides efficient documentation formats and train-the-trainer information to support on-site, in-house emergency response training. It also meets the requirement for annual refresher training to maintain competence as required by the HAZWOPER standard.
This webinar will address questions like the following, in this complicated and sometimes confusing topic:
- What is an emergency that is subject to the Cal/OSHA HAZWOPER Standard?
- Is completion of the CUPA’s Hazardous Materials Business Plan Emergency Procedures form sufficient documentation of emergency procedures?
- How much initial training do my emergency responders need? I have heard 40, 24, and 8 hours—which is correct?
- How much annual refresher training do my emergency responders need? I have heard 8 hours, a sufficient amount, and none—which is correct?
- What happens if an employee misses a year of training?
- PAre there any emergencies that should not be responded to?
This webinar will prepare an employer to effectively address these types of questions and develop an appropriate and cost-effective Emergency Response Plan for the facility, and training material for its employees.
|Join our email list|